Note: This essay was created in 2020 and archived for future reference, it may not reflect the current situation today.
- More cores.
- Powerful than consumer CPU at the same price.
- Cheaper than consumer CPU.
- Tried and tested architecture.
- Old architecture.
- Not efficient energy consumption.
- Some new features are not supported due to old architecture.
- Worst single thread performance.
- Very different server motherboard.
- Old DDR RAM (DDR3).
- Old PCIe interface.
- New architecture.
- Efficient energy consumption.
- New features supported.
- Best single thread performance than Xeon.
- New and mainstream motherboard.
- New DDR RAM (DDR4).
- New PCIe interface.
- Less cores than Xeon.
- Less power than Xeon at the same price.
- Expensive than Xeon.
- Not yet time-tested architecture.
- Intel optimized programs does not work efficiently.